Friday, January 10, 2014

Best Music of 2013



Wow, how I never give my blog any love these days! And here I am making my annual "Best Of" post for 2013 this late. One barely needs to scroll down to see last year's on the same screen (say what!). Granted, I did a few private gigs last year that I couldn't share on my blog, but yeah...it's been a little quiet here.

Anyhow, I couldn't keep putting this off. This time around I decided to open up my selection to EPs in addition to full-length albums. So there's three favorite EPs of mine from 2013 on here. Looking forward to seeing 5 of these artists + all the other great talent at Coachella 2014 (Weekend 1) in a few months.

In no particular order, I present to you my Best of 2013 music releases followed by song selections to check out:

Kanye West - Yeezus "Black Skinhead"
Pusha T - My Name Is My Name "Numbers On The Boards"
Disclosure - Settle "Latch feat. Sam Smith"
Factory Floor - Factory Floor "Fall Back"
Junip - Junip "Line Of Fire"
Laura Mvula - Sing To The Moon "Can't Live With The World"
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - II "Swim and Sleep (Like a Shark)"
Cayucas - Bigfoot "Cayucos"
Big Black Delta - Big Black Delta "Side Of The Road"
Roosevelt - Elliot EP "Elliot"
Boys Noize - Go Hard EP "Starwin"
Empire of the Sun - Ice On The Dune "Alive"
Wild Belle - Isles "It's Too Late"
AlunaGeorge - Body Music "Attracting Flies"
Djrum - Seven Lies "Arcana (Do I Need You)"
Chrome Sparks - Sparks EP "Marijuana"

Honorable Mentions:
Phoenix - Bankrupt! "Chloroform"
Myron & E - Broadway "If I Gave You My Love"
Darkside - Psychic "Freak, Go Home"
Machinedrum - Vapor City "Don't 1 2 Lose U"

Previous "Best Of" lists:
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008

No comments: