Friday, January 28, 2011
With a pile of tracks sitting around my hard drive and a free night to piece things together on the fly, I finally decided it was time for a heavy 2011 kick-off (after the three months of mixtape silence) with this retro-future blast of indie disco/italo/house.
This mix could fall under the Disco Desire series, but with the indie & house elements I wanted it to stand on its own. By the way, if you haven't heard the A-Trak's Robyn remix, wait 'til your ears get blown away.
Made in the night, Moustache was made for your night. The title of the mixtape memorializes the shaving of my mustache and, additionally, I visualize it as a soundtrack for a mustache'd dude (or chick, I'm not gender-biased), time-traveling between the last three decades to all the hippest, legendary underground clubs. Cheers!
1. Nicolas Jaar - Come N' Get It
2. Linkwood Family - Piece Of Mind
3. Apiento & Co. - She Walks (Pete Herbert Remix)
4. Domeyko/Gonzalez - Eschatol (Rio Lobotomy Remix)
5. Johnwaynes - Get Up (Just John Mix)
6. Aeroplane - Without Lies (Breakbot Remix)
7. Discodeine - Synchronize (Feat. Jarvis Cocker)
8. Tensnake - In The End (I Want To Cry)
9. Cut Copy - Take Me Over (Midnight Magic Remix)
10. The C90s - Shine A Light
11. Bot'Ox - Blue Steel (Still Going Remix)
12. Hercules & Love Affair - My House
13. Azari & III - Into The Night (Prince Language Remix)
14. Scissor Sisters - Invisible Light (Siriusmo Remix)
15. Grum - Through The Night (The Swiss Menergy Remix)
16. Robyn - Indestructible (A-Trak Remix)
17. Poka - Still Don't Wanna
MediaFire or zSHARE
(39 min | 55 mb)