Monday, April 13, 2009

LIVE: La Roux @ The Roxy 4/13

Shame on you for missing La Roux's performance last night! No but seriously a lot of people thought it was a later show for some reason. Not a big deal though because I took some photos (which went from bad to decent surprisingly) and a few videos which you can check out below. I came in to the end of El Ten Eleven's set (pretty good live band!) and luckily didn't have to swim through a mad crowd to get near the front.

La Roux armed with her guy on keys and sans a back-up dancer/singer (?) played a 6-7 song set and the most obvious conclusion was that she is an amazing singer. I really hope people catch on to her talent because there are so many other singers out there right now that couldn't keep it consistent like La Roux did. I'm also a big new wave/80s fan so naturally I was thinking of Human League, etc. in my head while watching her, except they did not have a singer like her. Just don't miss her next time she's back in LA:








No comments: